dear students, as you know - i am continuing to work on a book about voice - i will be placing this writing at the centre of my creative life from january to august, 2014. i have a few performance pieces being developed during this time. these works sit at the heart of my practice as a singer and reflect my teaching. during this time i will offer ongoing slipper camps. right now they are tuesdays and wednesdays from 4:15 - 5:15pm and fridays from 9 - 10am. for more information on the slipper camp format check out the slipper camp heading on this website to the right of this posting.
HERE IS THE MAY SCHEDULE
SLIPPER CAMPS (1hour, $10 each class but paid as a small group of $30 - 60 depending on availability, remember frequency is what makes the difference in this work)
Wednesday May 7 / 7pm Saturday and Sunday May 10 & 11 / 2pm Wednesday May 14 / 7pm
1) vocal exploration - GROUP CLASSES - approx 5 - 6 students per class - you must sign up. this study complements the regular practice of slipper camp but can be done on its own. COST $40 per 2 hour class 7 day cancellation policy (includes illness).
2) WOMEN'S CHOIR/SONG STUDY - approx 8 - 14 students per class. you must sign up, but you don't need to do every class in the series. i pick the songs and we work on them together, and occasionally a line or two individually, within the class. no prep is required. it is a great way to work on the application of this technique as well as understanding how melody and emotion mirror one another. you don't need to think of yourself as a 'singer' to benefit from this. COST - usually $25 per session - this is a bit dependent on the final numbers for any one group. 7 day cancellation policy (includes illness).
3) MASTER CLASS - 6 - 8 students. you prepare a song and we work on it. you need to be a regular student in the studio for this to work best. there will be a pianist. the cost for this 3 hour class will be $65 including the pianist. please ask me about this if you are interested. 7 day cancellation policy (includes illness).
4) APPRENTICES each year an experienced student of mine accompanies me to humber college and audits the progress of the two 3rd year theatre classes i teach. i now have close to a dozen apprentices in my studio and we meet periodically to discuss and deepen our understanding of this approach to voice work and singing. please contact me if you think this might be right for you!
5) PRIVATES or DUOS approach me individually for these times. i will offer 45 and 60 minute time slots. $90 – 110 per hour. $70 for 45 minutes. a duo is $100. 7 day cancellation policy (includes illness). please view the detailed schedule as a sample of what the fall MIGHT look like but note that it is last year's. i look forward to hearing from you and seeing you at slipper camp! sincerely, fides
|15||16||17 Slipper Camp 4:15 - 5:15||18||19||20||21|
|22||23 Choir/Song Study 9:30 - 11:30||24 Slipper Camp 4:15 - 5:15||25 Group Classes 9:30 - 11:30; 12:30 - 2:30; 3 - 5||26||27 Slipper Camp 9 - 10||28|
|OCT||29||30 Apprentices||1 Slipper Camp 4:15 - 5:15||2||3||4 Slipper Camp 9 - 10||5|
|6||7 Choir/Song Study 9:30 - 11:30||8 Slipper Camp 4:15 - 5:15||9||10||11 Slipper Camp 9 - 10||12|
|13||14||15 Slipper Camp 4:15 - 5:15||16 Group Classes 9:30 - 11:30; 12:30 - 2:30; 3 - 5||17||18 Slipper Camp 9 - 10||19|
|20||21 Choir/Song Study 9:30 - 11:30||22 Slipper Camp 4:15 - 5:15||23||24||25||26|
|NOV||27||28||29 Slipper Camp 4:15 - 5:15||30||31||1||2|
|3 Master Class|